I jogged around the Capitol grounds tonight. I passed others:
- A man with a tripod, intensely focused on a "blue light" sunset photo, with a female companion looking on, her arms crossed to ward off the spring chill;
- A young athlete, jogging, iPod strapped to his bicep;
- A woman in her 20s, passing by quickly, the words, "affirmative action," trailing behind her;
- A young man of 25ish in a suit strolled past, his swinging suitcase in one hand, an illuminated Blackberry in the other; and
- A white-haired, comb-over'ed man, in his 50s, in a tan trench coat, clinking house keys.
"Oh! It's so beautiful!" I heard, as the Capitol Dome glowed in a backdrop of soft yellow and clear blue.
The tourist-like exclamation, with voice full of wonder, was mine.
*Photo credit: Big Mike NYC