Thursday, September 4, 2008
What I Miss about Ireland
1. The Guinness IS better.
2. Irish cider, such as Bulmer’s.
3. The sound of the surf at Cliffs of Moher.
4. The traditional music and friendly people in Doolin.
5. Savory stew at the pub.
6. The Book of Kells’ feast for the eyes.
7. The smell of burning peat.
8. Osgar’s sweet child-voice.
9. Ring forts in mist.
10. Castles at every turn.
11. Galway’s nightlife.
12. The views from the Rock of Cashel.
13. Fresh salmon. Really fresh.
14. Soft lambswool scarves and sweaters.
15. Romantic seaspray and dramatic coastline.
16. Dublin’s Grafton Street.
17. Bailey’s and steamed milk on a chilly night.
18. The Irish accent.
19. Sheep in the road.
20. The deep sense of history.