Monday, July 23, 2007

Scrambled Eggs

One of my housemates, a young guy who appears to have rarely used a stovetop in his life, attempted to scramble eggs recently.

He used:
(1) high heat, all the way!
(2) no oil or butter.

I walked in on him, stirring at the raw egg layer on top of the
flaming skillet, while the layer of eggs on bottom turned dark brown and began emitting a sulfurous odor.

After a moment of exchanged pleasantries, I gently suggested that he consider lowering the heat a tad. Later on, I saw him at the sink, scraping at the skillet with a dull knife to dislodge the black, encrusted egg. To top it all off, this morning I found the "clean" skillet, (still with baked-on, caked-on egg on bottom), set atop the microwave with other clean dishes, to dry.

Poor boy!

No comments: